Below are links to the five part response I made to the Borough Plan consultation.
- Part A Economics and Population.
- Part B Sustainable site selection and transport > Alternatives.
- Part C Response to BPPO questions and locations.
- Part D Response to Infrastructure Delivery Plan.
- Part E Independent Consultation.
I have taken onboard as much as possible from my meetings and independent consultation. In my alternative option I want to reduce the current housing target to around 5,000. From existing plans the council has potential sites for around 3,300 homes. Land East of the new railway station at Bermuda seems the most sustainable location for allocation that cannot fit in the existing urban areas. I have also proposed the planners look at some housing east of Judkins and opposite the Acorn Pub.
Key to making it sustainable is good cheap bus services, cycle routes and 3 new railway staions.
I think it should be for people in Bedworth and Bulkington to finds some land for around 1/3rd of the allocation (that is around 700 homes).